1825, Standard Life’s wholly owned financial planning business, today announces it has entered into an agreement to acquire Jones Sheridan
, with assets under advice of c. £350m.
This will establish 1825’s North West Regional Office with 30 employees including seven advisers and four paraplanners. Jones Sheridan is a long-standing financial planning business in Crewe, specialising in retirement planning, wealth management and wealth protection.
On completion of this and the other recently announced acquisitions, 1825 will have 75 financial planners advising over 9,300 clients on around £3.3bn of their assets.
Jones Sheridan’s leadership team, headed by Managing Director David Williams and Chairman Stuart Banks, will stay with the business post completion to help grow and develop the Regional Office. David will take up overall responsibility for the North West Regional Office. He will also join the 1825 Executive Committee.
David Williams, Managing Director at Jones Sheridan, said:
“Having built the business up over the last 16 years, it now feels absolutely the right time to take it to the next stage. The breadth of the 1825 proposition will enable us to offer our clients market leading solutions for all their planning needs. Joining 1825 is a very natural fit for us as we are both strongly aligned to the belief that advisers add the greatest value by helping clients understand and achieve their financial goals.
“1825 can also offer us the resources and scale to enable the business to grow and prosper, while offering our people the development opportunities available by being part of a larger organisation.”
Steve Murray, 1825 CEO, said:
“Today’s announcement is another step towards 1825 building a UK wide financial planning footprint.
“As past acquirers of adviser businesses themselves, the team at Jones Sheridan are expert at making the integration process successful. They are highly motivated professionals who place clients at the heart of everything they do. We are very much looking forward to working with them in pursuit of our common goal of offering the best possible outcomes with expert financial planning.”
The transaction is expected to complete in early Q4 2016 subject to certain conditions being satisfied, including receipt of regulatory approvals.
For further information, contact:
Patricia Corrigan, PR Manager
0131 245 5916/0774 092 4558
Notes to editors
• Standard Life launched 1825
in February 2015 in response to fundamental regulatory and market changes that are driving unprecedented client demand for financial planning.
• 1825 is a financial planning business with offices in Ayr, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Hamilton, Leeds, Sheffield, Bishop Auckland and Reading.
• On completion of this and the other recently announced acquisitions – Almary Green and Baigrie Davies - 1825 will also have offices in, Crewe, London and Norwich.
• 1825 offers a full financial planning and personal tax advice service which is focused on client goals. 1825 combines a wide range of investment options, powered by globally renowned experts, and access to technology solutions; clients are therefore able to access support how and when they need it.
• By understanding its customers, investing in technology and offering innovative solutions to meet clients’ needs, 1825 is making it easier for people to plan their finances and feel more confident about the future.
• 1825 is wholly-owned by Standard Life plc and aims to grow to be a UK-wide financial planning business through organic growth and acquisition.
• To help clients find out more about financial planning, 1825 provides information at www.1825.com
• You can follow 1825 in the UK on Twitter @1825
About Jones Sheridan
• Jones Sheridan has developed into a leading firm of financial planners, with offices in Crewe. The business currently manages assets under advice of c. £350m on behalf of their clients.
• Jones Sheridan has 30 employees – including seven professionally qualified financial planners who provide high quality advice, assisted by four paraplanners.
• The business provides active advice to over 1,200 individual clients with its aspiration of achieving positive client outcomes, whilst maintaining excellent client relationships.
• Jones Sheridan has been included in New Model Advisers Top 100 advisory practices for the last three years running and has been heavily involved in the South Cheshire Chamber of Commerce, having its own category: "Excellence in Customer Service"