Standard Life's financial planning business establishes Scottish Regional Office.
1825, Standard Life’s wholly-owned financial planning business, today announces it has entered into an agreement to acquire Munro Partnership Limited
with assets under advice of over £600 million.
This announcement follows the acquisition of Pearson Jones in May 2015 and last week’s agreement to acquire Almary Green based in Norwich.
Established in 1982, Munro Partnership has grown to become a successful firm of Chartered Financial Planners, expanding from one office in Ayr to Glasgow and Hamilton. It will form 1825’s Scottish Regional Office, from which the business will build out across Scotland.
Munro Partnership is a thriving corporate and wealth management advice business. Built up over 30 years, they offer a range of services from working with individuals on personal financial matters to assisting Scottish and national companies with their employee benefits packages and other corporate services. The business also has a dedicated advice proposition for charities and trusts.
Munro Partnership’s Chairman, Stephen Munro, and the directors, led by Managing Director, David Hughes, will remain with the business post acquisition. David will be responsible for building 1825’s Scottish Regional Office and will join the 1825 Executive Committee.
David Hughes, Munro Partnership, Managing Director, said: “Joining 1825 is an exciting phase in the development of our business and one which will bring increased benefits to both our employees and our clients.
“Having access to the resources of a national financial-planning business will ensure our clients will benefit from leading financial planning services and innovative investment solutions, which will continue to evolve as their needs and the world around us changes.
“Importantly, both 1825 and Munro Partnership are focused on developing their people and joining 1825 will ensure our employees have even more opportunities to progress and develop personally”.
Steve Murray, 1825 CEO, said: “We have a long-standing relationship with Munro Partnership and look forward to their highly skilled team playing a key role in broadening 1825’s reach into Scotland.
“Their reputation in the corporate and wealth management advice markets, coupled with their clear focus on bringing new talent into the industry through their graduate trainee programme, makes the business an excellent fit for us, bringing additional capabilities which will be invaluable.
“I’m delighted to welcome them to 1825 and I’m also delighted with our continued progress with building a leading, modern financial planning business.”
The transaction is expected to complete by the end of July 2016, subject to certain conditions being satisfied, including receipt of regulatory approvals.
On completion of the acquisitions of Munro Partnership Limited and Almary Green, Standard Life will have 59 financial planners advising 8,700 clients on over £2.6bn of their assets.
For further information, contact:
Senior Media Affairs Manager
0131 245 1365
Notes to editors
• Standard Life launched 1825
in February 2015 in response to fundamental regulatory and market changes that are driving unprecedented client demand for financial planning.
• 1825 is a financial planning business with offices in Edinburgh, Leeds, Sheffield, Bishop Auckland and Reading.
• On 15 March 2016, 1825 announced they had reached an agreement to acquire Almary Green in Norwich. The transaction is also expected to complete in the first half of 2016, subject to certain conditions being satisfied, including receipt of regulatory approvals.
• 1825 offers a full financial planning and personal tax advice service which is focused on client goals. Combined with a wide range of investment options, powered by globally renowned experts, and access to technology solutions, clients are able to access support how and when they need it.
• By understanding its customers, investing in technology and offering innovative solutions to meet clients’ needs, 1825 is making it easier for people to plan their finances and feel more confident about the future.
• 1825 is wholly-owned by Standard Life plc and will grow to be a UK-wide financial planning business through organic growth and acquisition.
• To help clients find out more about financial planning, 1825 provides information at www.1825.com
• You can follow 1825 in the UK on Twitter @1825
About Munro Partnership Limited
• Munro Partnership Ltd was established in 1982 and has developed into a leading firm of Chartered Financial Planners, with offices in Ayr, Hamilton and Glasgow. The business currently manages assets under advice exceeding £600m on behalf of their clients.
• Munro Partnership has 28 employees – eight professionally qualified financial planners who provide high quality advice, assisted by five paraplanners and 15 highly qualified support people.
• The business provides advice through their three business divisions: Munro Active Wealth Management; Munro Corporate and Munro Advisory. They also provide investment solutions for charities and trusts.
• Munro Partnership operates a successful Graduate Trainee Programme and were the winners of Excellence in People Development Award at 2015 Ayrshire Chamber of Commerce Business Awards.