How we aim to meet clients' financial goals
We know that for each individual ambition or goal your clients may have in life, there's a style of investing that's right for them. So that we can tailor the right investment solution for them, it's crucial we understand their financial circumstances and goals, time horizon and attitude to risk.
They may have a different time horizon for each goal, and may be willing to take more risk with one goal than with another.
Discretionary investment management from abrdn can provide appropriate investment solutions across many potentially different goals, e.g. capital growth, investing for future generations and retirement.
- may have successfully sold their business and find that they have financial freedom
- might be thinking about providing for their children's/grandchildren's future
- could be approaching/in retirement, and need to sustain a comfortable level of income
- may also want to make sure they're leaving enough for their family
Different goals may mean different investment solutions
Financial goals can generally be divided into three categories:
- aiming to grow wealth
- aiming to preserve wealth
- aiming to deliver a regular income
Some clients may wish to achieve a combination of these goals.