Our comprehensive process, conducted by the investment team with support from our ESG Equity Analysts, culminates in a qualitative assessment of risk and opportunities in our due diligence process. Amongst the key features of our approach are sector-tailored assessments of a company’s board structure, employee reviews, supply chain management, ability to navigate evolving climate change demands, environmental impact and capital management. This is cross checked with external information providers, while the engagement from our investment team takes place through management conversations and active proxy voting.
Our approach – fully embedded, investment led and horizon matched:
- Investment team leads on ESG assessment and engagement, with support from the ESG Equity Analysts
- Qualitative and sector-differentiated assessment of opportunities and risk, with ESG entrenched in the investment process
- Engagement from investment team through corporate contact and active proxy voting
Our assessment – holistic identification of material risks and opportunities:
- Company’s board structure
- Employee reviews
- Supply chain management
- Environmental impact
- Capital management
- Climate change opportunities and risks
The result – construction of portfolios that reflect a responsible stewardship of capital at their core:
- Above average ESG score across our funds, with notably lower carbon footprints
- Improved risk-reward profile from corporates through board renewal, removal of poison pills, better capital allocation, improved disclosure
- Engagement ahead of market and external information providers potentially leads to higher total shareholder return and lower stock volatility
Some of the information in this document may contain projections or other forward looking statements regarding future events or future financial performance of countries, markets or companies. These statements are only predictions and actual events or results may differ materially. The reader must make his/her own assessment of the relevance, accuracy and adequacy of the information contained in this document, and make such independent investigations, as he/she may consider necessary or appropriate for the purpose of such assessment.
Any opinion or estimate contained in this document is made on a general basis and is not to be relied on by the reader as advice. Neither ASI nor any of its agents have given any consideration to nor have they made any investigation of the investment objectives, financial situation or particular need of the reader, any specific person or for any loss arising whether directly or indirectly as a result of the reader, any person or group of persons acting on any information, opinion or estimate contained in this document.
ASI reserves the right to make changes and corrections to its opinions expressed in this document at any time, without notice.
Accordingly, no warranty whatsoever is given and no liability whatsoever is accepted for any loss arising whether directly or indirectly as a result of the reader, any person or group of persons acting on any information, opinion or estimate contained in this document.