This Legal Notice shall be read in conjunction with any Local Legal Notice or other statement provided on our website for a particular jurisdiction. The Local Legal Notice or other statement shall prevail in that jurisdiction in the event of any conflict with this Legal Notice.
1. Company and regulation details
Australia and New Zealand by abrdn Australia Limited ABN 59 002 123 364, ASFL No. 240263. In New Zealand to wholesale investors only as defined in the Financial Markets Conduct Act 2013 (New Zealand).
www.abrdn.com is provided by abrdn group, which comprises abrdn plc and its subsidiaries. abrdn plc is registered in Scotland (SC286832) at 1 George Street, Edinburgh, EH2 2LL
Click here for details of our key client-facing and operational entities in the UK and worldwide (in English).
The VAT number for abrdn group is GB270347469. The VAT number for Standard Life Private Equity Trust plc is GB 300422375.
Any reference within the pages of this site to “we, “our”, “us” “abrdn” or "abrdn group" means abrdn plc together with its subsidiaries, subsidiary undertakings and associated companies (whether direct or indirect) from time to time.
2. Residence and Jurisdiction
This website is intended for the information of residents in countries in abrdn operates. The information on our site does not constitute an offer or solicitation to sell units or shares in any abrdn funds in any jurisdiction in which such offer, solicitation or distribution would be unlawful or in which the person making such offer or solicitation is not qualified to do so or to anyone to whom it is unlawful to make such offer or solicitation.
3. General disclaimers and terms
We have taken all reasonable care to ensure that the information contained within the pages of this site is accurate, current and complies with relevant United Kingdom legislation and regulations as at the date of issue, errors or omissions may occur due to circumstances outside our control. We reserve the right to change the content, presentation, performance, facilities and availability of all or part of the pages of this site at our sole discretion and without prior notice. We make no warranty or representation that the pages of this site can be accessed at all times during our working hours of business stated on this site. This site may be temporarily unavailable or restricted for administrative or other reasons. We will not be liable for any loss or damage arising out of or in connection with the loss of the use of this site.
We do not accept any responsibility for information contained in any external third party sites which can be accessed by hypertext link from these pages or for these other sites not being available at all times. The links to any external third party sites are provided for general information purposes only and the sites concerned and their contents are not endorsed or promoted by us in any way, unless otherwise stated. Please note that when you click on any external site hypertext link you will leave the abrdn site and access the external third party site at your own risk.
Please remember that past performance is not a guide to future performance. The value of units and shares and the income from them can go down as well as up and investors may not get back the amount originally invested. Exchange rate changes may cause the value of overseas investments to rise or fall. For further details on any of the funds or products please read the relevant offering documents.
By accessing these pages you shall be deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by the terms of this Legal Notice which shall be governed by the laws of Scotland.
Nothing on the pages of this site shall be deemed to constitute financial, investment or other professional advice in any way and you should consult your financial adviser or other professional adviser if you require any financial or other professional advice.
5. Copyright and trade mark
© 2021 abrdn plc. All rights reserved.
Copyright in the pages of this site, in the screens displaying the pages and in the information and material contained therein and their arrangement is owned by abrdn plc unless otherwise indicated. “abrdn and the “abrdn” logo are trade marks of abrdn group which may also claim trade mark and service mark rights in other marks contained within the pages of this site.
Reproduction of these pages in whole or in part without the prior written consent of abrdn is strictly prohibited unless for private, non-commercial viewing purposes.
6. E-mail and other electronic communication
Please note that there is no guarantee that any electronic communication sent will be received by us, or that the contents of any such electronic communication will remain private or unaltered during transmission. If you have any such concerns you may prefer to telephone or write to us instead. We accept no liability for any damages you or others may suffer as a result of the alteration or loss of confidentiality of such information.
We filter, monitor and retain electronic communications to protect our systems and keep them running smoothly, and to comply with regulation and good business practice.
Any software is downloaded at your own risk. We do not warrant the suitability of any such software which is downloaded and accept no liability for any problems with your computer that may arise as a result. If you are in any doubt as to the suitability of software to be downloaded for your computer it is recommended that you obtain specialist advice before downloading.
8. Privacy and Website visitors
9. Our Social Media terms and conditions
Our “Social Media Platforms” include Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn and other social media platforms we make available.
Social media sites, including but not limited to, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn are public domain. We are not responsible for and do not endorse the content posted by other users of these sites.
General Social Media considerations
- For your own security, we ask that you do not include personal or account information, including log in details, in any content you post, comment or message you send on our Social Media Platforms.
- Please ensure that contributions to our Social Media Platforms are relevant and topical. We reserve the right to block any user or follower of our Social Media Platforms who posts or reposts content that we deem inappropriate or offensive or which constitutes a testimonial, advice, recommendation, or advertisement for securities, products, or services or is promotional in nature. We also reserve the right to block users or followers whose own social media platforms contain offensive or inappropriate content or serve as promotional sites.
- Any opinions expressed by users on our Social Media Platforms are those of the persons submitting the opinion and don't necessarily represent our views.
Nothing contained on any of our Social Media Platforms constitutes an offer, solicitation or recommendation regarding any investment management product or service, or the offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy any security. All content is subject to applicable statutes and regulations.
Not all investment management products or services are available in all jurisdictions. Any potential investor should satisfy themselves that a product or service is permissible under the rules and regulations of his or her jurisdiction.
All investments are subject to risk, including the possible loss of money you invest.
The information posted to our Social Media Platforms by us represents our current opinions and such opinions are subject to change without notice. These posts have been provided for information purposes only and should not be considered as investment advice or a recommendation of any particular service, security, investment strategy or investment product. Please consult a qualified professional for this type of advice. Please refer to offering documents for further information concerning specific products.
Information provided or referred to by us on our Social Media Platforms may contain statements of future expectations and other forward-looking statements that are based on our current views and assumptions and involve known and unknown risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results, performance or events to differ materially from those expressed or implied in such statements. In addition to statements which are forward-looking by reason of context, the words “may, will, should, expects, plans, intends, anticipates, believes, estimates, predicts, potential, or continue” and similar expressions identify forward-looking statements.
We communicate to external audiences through our Social Media Platforms in a manner consistent with local regulatory requirements. Content on our Social Media Platforms is not directed to any person in any jurisdiction where (by reason of that person's nationality, residence or otherwise) the publication or availability of the content is prohibited. Persons in respect of whom such prohibitions apply should not access the content.
10. Summary of investor Rights applicable to Luxembourg SICAVs
Please be aware that this note is intended as a short summary of your key rights as a shareholder in a SICAV company for the purposes of the European Union Cross Border Distribution Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2019/1156). It is not intended to be and cannot be an exhaustive list of all rights which shareholders may have in respect of the company. Please refer to the company’s prospectus for further details in respect of the company.
- Right to Participate in the Investments of the company – Each shareholder has the right to participate in the gains or losses in accordance with the investment objective and policy of the relevant fund and proportionate to the shareholder’s shareholding in such fund. Shareholders do not have any direct rights on the assets held within the portfolio of the funds but can only participate indirectly in the variation of the value of these assets through their holding of shares. Although the company constitutes one single entity, the assets of a fund are exclusively available to investors and creditors of that fund. Full details of each fund’s investment objective and policy are set out in its prospectus.
- Right to Receive Income – Each shareholder has the right to a proportionate share of the income (if any) of the fund in which the shareholder has invested. Depending on the nature of the shares held by the shareholder, such income may either be accumulated into the net asset value of the shareholder’s shares or distributed to the shareholder as a dividend payment, in accordance with the terms of the prospectus of the company.
- Right to Receive Information – Each shareholder has the right to receive certain information about the company and the fund(s) in which the shareholder has invested. This information will include the company’s annual and semi-annual financial statements and further information may be available upon request. Further details in this respect are contained in the latest prospectus of the company.
- Right to Attend and Vote at Shareholder Meetings – Each shareholder has the right to receive notice of, attend in person or by proxy and vote at general meetings of the company and any meetings of the shareholders of the particular fund or share class in which the shareholder has invested, if the investor is registered herself/himself/itself and in her/his/its own name in the register of shareholders of the fund. Subject to any special rights or restrictions for the time being attached to any share class, each shareholder has the right to one vote at general meetings for each whole share held. To the extent permitted by law, the board of directors of the company may suspend the right to vote of any shareholder which does not fulfil its obligations under the prospectus, articles of incorporation or any document (including any application form) stating its obligations towards the fund and/or the other shareholders.
- Right to Redeem Shares – Each shareholder has the right to request the company to redeem either a specific number of the shareholder’s shares or shares of a specified value on any dealing day at their net asset value per share on such dealing day, subject to any applicable charges and the terms of the redemption process set out in the prospectus. In order to redeem shares as of any particular dealing day, shareholders must submit a properly completed redemption form to the transfer agent of the company before the relevant dealing deadline.
- Right to Data Privacy – Each shareholder should note that by applying for shares, the shareholder has provided or will provide information to the company, which may constitute personal data within the meaning of the relevant data protection legislation and should be aware that this personal data will processed by the company in accordance with its privacy statement.
- Right to Complain – Each shareholder which is not satisfied with its experience as an investor in the company is entitled to bring a complaint to the company in accordance with the applicable complaints handling policy. Shareholders may also have the right to complain to the Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier. In addition, Directive (EU) 2020/1828 of 25 November 2020 on representative actions for the protection of the collective interests of consumers provides for a collective redress mechanism which applies, in case of infringements by traders of the provisions of amongst others Directive 2009/65/EC relating to undertakings for collective investment in transferable securities (UCITS) including such provisions as transposed into national law that harm or may harm the collective interests of consumers. Directive (EU) 2020/1828 shall be transposed by Member States, including Luxembourg, by 25 December 2022 at the latest and the provisions shall be applicable from 25 June 2023. Luxembourg has not yet implemented Directive (EU) 2020/1828 but a bill of law is currently pending.
This summary of key rights is not and does not purport to be exhaustive and shareholders should review the prospectus in its entirety and consult with their professional advisers to understand their rights more fully.