There's more to working life than coming home with a good salary. We have an environment where you can learn, get involved and be supported.
When you join us, your reward package will include generous annual leave, a market-leading pension, and share plans. There’s also the opportunity to choose benefits to enjoy your life outside of work. We'll review your salary annually and add annual performance related bonuses based on the company’s performance and your contribution.
Below gives an idea of what is available – you’ll be able to find out more when you start with us. The rewards and benefits we offer are customised depending on the location you work in, so specific benefits packages can vary.
Right from the start, your reward will be one of the best in the market for your role. We'll review your salary at nominated review points, and add performance related bonuses based on the company’s performance and your contribution for roles where variable compensation is applicable. The package includes generous annual leave and a market leading pension. There’s also the opportunity to choose many other benefits. This list gives you an idea of what is available – we’ll explain the full package when you start with us.
As you'd expect from a leading financial services provider, our pension (Group Flexible Retirement Plan) is one of the best around. The company makes a 16% monthly contribution to the plan on your behalf – you can join and make no payments from your salary, and still benefit from our contributions.
If you do choose to make your own monthly payments, we match these contributions up to 2% of your pensionable salary. We also make an additional contribution equal to 10% of the monthly amount you pay. So if you paid 2% of your salary into your pension each month, you’d receive a contribution from the company of 18.2% on top of that.
If you join the plan you’ll save on tax and National Insurance. You have complete freedom and control over how the payments are invested, and you can pay in additional lump sums at any time – subject to HMRC maximum and plan minimum limits. With this generous pension scheme you can feel confident that you’re planning well for your retirement.
Retirement savings (pension) – We’ll make contributions of 16% of your annual salary into your plan. Plus, we’ll match any contribution you make to a maximum of 2%. Finally, any addition contribution you make we’ll top up by 10%.
If you make the most of matching and opt to contribute 2% of your pensionable salary with the employer contribution of 18.2% a total of 20.2% could be going into your plan each month.
Private healthcare – We fund the cost of a private healthcare policy to help you gain access to prompt private healthcare when you need it. You can opt to include your family / partner at a competitive cost.
For candidates in the US only: Click here to access machine-readable files containing pricing information on our US medical plans, which requires to be disclosed by the Transparency in Coverage Rule. The information in the link is provided and maintained by our insurance provider. By visiting the link you will be leaving the abrdn website.
Copyright © abrdn plc 2021-22. All rights reserved.
abrdn plc is registered in Scotland (SC286832) at 1 George Street, Edinburgh, EH2 2LL