Cookies are small text files, which often include a unique identifier that is sent by a web server to your computer, mobile phone or any other internet enabled device (“device”) when you visit a website. Cookies are widely used in order to make websites work efficiently and help provide us with business and marketing information to enable us to make informed decisions on the development of our websites. We may collect information about your computer, including your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and in order to create reports. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
We use three main types of cookies: (1) ‘Performance’ cookies, (2) ‘Identification’ cookies, and (3) ‘Targeting’ cookies.
(1) ‘Performance’ cookies are used to help us see how you use our Website e.g. which pages you visit. These cookies don't collect any information that could identify you – all the information collected is anonymous and is only used to help us improve the performance of our Website, understand what interests our users and measure how effective our advertising is. We use performance cookies to analyse the performance of our Website, to help us improve the Website by measuring any errors that occur and to see how effective our adverts are (this isn’t shared with 3rd parties). Sometimes cookies are managed for us by third parties, but we don’t allow the third party to use the cookies for any purpose other than those listed above. By using our Website, you accept the use of ‘Performance’ cookies.
(2) ‘Identification’ cookies are used to help us customise website content based upon your selections. We use identification cookies to remember choices you have made such as identifying yourself as an IFA or Adviser, to show you when you’re logged in to the website and to target you with adverts on other websites. You can control whether or not these cookies are used, but preventing them may mean you are unable to access certain features or services. Preventing these cookies may stop us remembering that you didn't want a specific feature or service. By using our Website you accept the use of 'Identification' cookies.
(3) ‘Targeting’ cookies are used to send you relevant information and see which content you use. We use targeting cookies to send you customised news content via email, to track which content you use and to target you with adverts on other websites. By using our Website you accept the use of 'Targeting' cookies.
The Website also has Social Interaction links (such as Facebook or YouTube). We do not control any cookies that may be sent when using these external websites. For more information on these it is advised to check their cookies policies.
3. Opting out
At any point, you have the right to request that we do not process your personal information for any marketing purposes.
You can opt-out of the Google Display Advertising Features and customise Google Display Network ads using the Ad Settings. As an added privacy measure, you can also use the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on. However, please note that if you do this you may not be able to use the full functionality of this Website.
To remove other cookies from your PC, you can use these guides:
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/278835#/en-us/kb/278835
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH17191?locale=en_GB
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/delete-cookies-remove-info-websites-stored
- Cookie Directive: http://www.ico.org.uk
- Information about cookies: http://www.allaboutcookies.org
- Internet Advertising Bureau: http://www.youronlinechoices.eu
- International Chamber of Commerce United Kingdom: https://iccwbo.uk/pages/privacy-policy
We utilise a number of different cookie variations that serve a number of different functions. These tables identify the types of cookies that we use and why we use them.
Google Analytics Premium
This Website uses Google® Analytics Premium, a web analytics service provided by Google Ireland Limited (“Google”). Google Analytics Premium uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer, to help the Website interact with how users use the Website. On behalf of the operator of this Website Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the Website, compiling reports on Website activity and providing other services relating to Website activity and internet usage to the Website operator. The IP address collected through Google Analytics will not be associated with any other data held by Google.
Google is a registered trademark of Google, Inc. Google, Inc. is not affiliated with abrdn group, nor does it sponsor or endorse abrdn group products or services.
Uses of Google Analytics Premium
In order to improve our users’ experience, we may use Google Analytics features such as Remarketing, DoubleClick Campaign Manager Integration, Google Display Network Impression Reporting and/or Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting (Google Display Advertising Features).
Information collected by our cookies will not personally identify you. It does, however, identify your computer and connection to the Internet. We only collect general information about your computer settings, connection to the Internet (e.g. operating system and platform), IP address, browsing patterns, and interactions within our Website.
With regards to Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting, we may use data from Google's Interest-based advertising and/or third party audience data (e.g. age, gender and interests) with Google Analytics to target and optimise our marketing campaigns, strategies and our Website content.
These cookie name are associated with Qumu and used to deliver video content on the website
The main purpose of this cookie is : Third Party Persistence
Analytics - DoubleClick’s integrated and open platform lets you bring all your audience insights together in one place. With a complete, real-time view of your audience, you can engage the people you care about most to maximize the impact of your advertising dollars. Channel ID - purpose is for local storage. id - This cookie is used for re-targeting, optimisation, reporting and attribution of online adverts.
Oracle Infinity - Infinity IQ customer data platform. This cookie tells us how individuals are interacting with our website so we can improve its performance. These cookies give Infinity information used to compile reports about website activity. More info here – 1st Party Performance Related Cookie.
GAPS = Google calendar. Google set a number of cookies on any page that includes a Google Calendar. While we have no control over the cookies set by Google, they appear to include a mixture of pieces of information to measure the number and behaviour of Google Calendar users, as well as information about which calendar you are viewing, and which tab you are currently on. Also, Google uses these cookies to improve your user experience.
This cookie is used to distinguishes unique users by assigning a randomly generated number as a client identifier. It is included in each page request in a site and used to calculate visitor, session and campaign data for the sites analytics reports. By default it is set to expire after 2 years, although this is customisable by website owners.
This cookie name is associated with Google Universal Analytics, according to documentation it is used to throttle the request rate - limiting the collection of data on high traffic sites. It expires after 10 minutes.
This cookie is used to record the types of cookies a user is willing to accept on this Website.
Session based cookie used by the Browser you are using e.g. Chrome or Internet Explorer
Acceptance of the audience type disclaimer
Acceptance of the site terms and conditions (Where applicable)
This cookie is used to remember a user’s choice about cookies on this Website. Where users have previously indicated a preference, that user’s preference will be stored in this cookie.
Changes to the Policy
Please be aware that this Policy may be updated at any time. As such, please ensure that you regularly read the latest version of this page.
If you have any questions or complaints relating to the Policy or how we use the personal information we have about you, please contact us and we will try to respond to you promptly.
A cookie is information that a web server stores on your hard disk so that it allows a website to store your preferences on your machine and later retrieve it.
An IP address is a 32-binary digit number that identifies each sender or receiver of information that is sent in packets across the Internet.
A session is a series of interactions between two communication end points that occur during the span of a single connection and is related to a particular session number.