Basic Information about B-Pay and FastTrack
B-Pay is the system used to make payments for unit trusts via Bill Payment system of the banks. The channels to make the payments are Bank Counter, ATM, Phone Banking and Internet Banking. If unit holders would like to make the payments at the Bank Counters (pay by cash, money transfer or cheque) you can visit four of the following banks: Bangkok Bank, Kasikornbank, Siam Commercial Bank and Bank of Ayudhya. For the payments via ATM, Phone Banking and Internet Banking, you must have a bank account with those particular banks and apply for the services directly with the banks in order to use these channels for payments.
When you make payments at the Bank Counter, you must use B-Pay form, which is a substitute for bank’s pay-in slips. You can download the B-Pay form from Aberdeen Asset Management (Thailand) Ltd.’s website or contact our Client Service Department at 02-352-3388 and ask one of our officers to send you the form via fax or E-mail.
FastTrack service is a service to execute a Subscription Order form on behalf of the unit holder to make the subscription process more convenient. The unit holder could authorise the Company to execute a Subscription Order form on the unit-holder’s behalf without having the need to send a Subscription Order form to the Company ever again provided that the unit holder must pay for the unit trusts via B-Pay system before 15.30 pm.
POA Scope of Authorities
The Grantor hereby authorizes the Management Company to subscribe and execute and/or amend subscription order form, on behalf of the Grantor’s mutual fund account(s), for an open-ended mutual fund(s) under the management of the Management company (including subscription during an Initial Public Offering period) in accordance with an evidence and payment information of the Grantor in the Bill Payment system, which received by the Management Company from relevant bank(s) and/or additional or information submitted to the Management Company by the Grantor, to contact and deal with relevant bank(s) pertaining to the payment made by the Grantor via Bill Payment system, to contact and deal with the Registrar in respect of subscription transaction(s) and to perform any other acts as deemed necessary and appropriate to accomplish the aforementioned assignments. The Management Company is authorized to further appoint Sub-grantee and the Sub-grantee in the scope given by this Power of Attorney shall be deemed acted by the Grantor. The Grantor shall be responsible for and obliged to such actions in all respects. This Power of Attorney can be terminated by either party by written notification to the other party no less than 15 days before the termination date. This Power of Attorney shall become effective from the date first written above onwards. The Grantor has read and agreed to be bound by the below Terms and Conditions of the services rendered by the Management Company.
FastTrack Terms and Conditions
1. The FastTrack service is available to only person who already opened a fund account with the Management Company and executed a valid POA for the Management Company. The FastTrack service is available only to unit holder whose subscription made via Bill Payment system.
2. In case the Grantor does not complete the risk questionnaire specified by the Management Company or confirm or provide the up-to-date information for such risk questionnaire within a period of time specified by the Management Company, the Grantor acknowledges and agrees that the Management Company shall not execute the Subscription Order form for the Grantors under this service (expect for the subscription made to a money market fund with an onshore investment policy) and the Management Company shall refund the subscription amount to the Grantors without interest.
3. The Grantor agrees to authorize the Management Company to execute a Subscription Order form for unit trusts on the Grantors’ behalf whereby the Management Company is given an agreement to rely on and use the data received from the bank in which the Grantor make subscription payment via Bill Payment via Bill Payment system as evidence for the execution of the Subscription Order form for the Grantor and including agreeing on the collection of data, report or documents from the relevant bank by the Management Company for being used in compiling evidence for a correct and completed record for transaction reference. The Management Company reserves the right to execute a Subscription Order form for the Grantor after receiving the data or evidence of payment from the relevant bank or from the Grantor. The Grantor agrees that in case where the Management Company receives data or evidence of payment after the subscription time of any given trading day, the Management Company shall execute a Subscription Order form for the Grantor on the next trading day. The execution of any Subscription Order form shall be in accordance with the subscription time as specified in the relevant fund project and prospectus.
4. In case the Grantor makes a payment via the Bill Payment system but the Management Company receives the complete information of risk questionnaire from the Grantor after the trading time on any trading day, the Grantor agrees and authorizes the Management Company to execute the Subscription Order form for the Grantor on the next following trading day.
5. The Grantor acknowledges and agrees that the Management Company reserves the right not to execute a Subscription Order form for the Grantor in case the Management Company receives an unclear or incorrect Bill Payment data from the relevant bank such as incorrect Unit holder No., incorrect fund code., amount of payment lower than the minimum subscription amount required, un-matching fund code, or any other cases deemed by the Management Company as improper whether it be the mistake made by the relevant bank or the Grantor, without giving prior notice to the Grantor.
6. In case the Bill Payment data obtained from the Grantor’s bank is unclear or that an error occurred in the bank’s keying process, such as the Grantor gives a wrong fund code which matches to no existing funds or the bank mistakenly inputs a wrong fund code, the Management Company may consider to execute a Subscription Order form according to the data in the Client’s Copy of the Payment Slip or according to the data which have been corrected or made clear by the Grantor in the mentioned form and have been sent to the Management Company. If the copy of such correction reaches the Management Company after the subscription time of any given trading day, the Grantor agrees that the Management Company shall execute a Subscription Order form on the following trading day. The Grantor agrees that the Management Company is able to rely on the Client’s Copy of the Payment Slip or the corrected mentioned form as supporting evidence in addition to the data received from the relevant bank as specified in Clause 3, hereof for purpose of compiling complete and correct record, and also admissible in all respects.
7. In using the FastTrack service, the Grantor acknowledges and agrees that he/she is responsible for verifying the correctness and completeness of information input in the Bill Payment form by the Grantor and/or the bank. If there be any discrepancy and/or error, the Grantor shall inform the bank for correction immediately, In addition, the Grantor does not provide the cell phone number in the B-Pay Form, the Grantor agrees that the Management Company is authorizes to reply on the latest cell phone number received from the Grantor as a correct and up-to date cell phone number of the Grantor.
8. The Grantor acknowledges and agrees that all messages on the following matters sent by the Management Company to the cell phone number as specified under clause 7, shall be deemed duty received and acknowledged by the Grantor and in determining whether or not such messages have been duly sent to such cell phone number, the Grantor agrees to rely on the evidence kept with the Management Company as a complete and correct record and admissible in all respects,
- The advice for the Grantor as a result of the processing of information received from the risk questionnaire responded by the Grantor.
- The further explanation on the risk level of a mutual fund which the Grantor wishes to invest and such mutual fund has a risk level higher than the acceptable risk level of the Grantor determining from the processing of information received from the risk questionnaire responded by the Grantor.
- Any other advices or explanations pertaining to the subscription transaction.
9. The Grantor agrees that he/she is responsible for examining the messages in the cell phone sent by the Management Company under clause 8. In case the Grantor could not find such messages or does not wish the Management Company to execute the Subscription Order form(as the mutual fund the Grantor intends to invest has a risk level higher than the acceptable risk level of the Grantor), the Grantor must contact and inform the Management Company of such incident/intention within 4.30 p.m. of the trading day, in which the Grantor has made the payment for unit trust s subscription via the Bill Payment system, for failing to do so, it shall be deemed that the Grantor has duly received and acknowledged such messages sent by the Management Company under clause 8 and that the Grantor does not wish to invest in a unit trust in accordance with the advice/explanation provided by the Management Company.
10. In case of executing a Subscription Order form for the unit trusts of a Long Term Equity Fund, the Grantor agrees that in the event that the value or the number of units in the fund is reduced, thus resulting in the dissolution of the fund, the Grantor agrees to transfer all units to another Long Term Equity Fund (“LTF”), that is managed by the Management Company (if any) or transfer all units to an LTF managed by another asset management company. The Grantor hereby consents to the Management Company to holds the right to nominate another such LTF which is similar to the one that has been dissolved.
11. The Management Company shall inform the Grantor of service activation by SMS via cell phone and/or sending letter by post to the mailing address given within 4 working days after the Management Company receives correct and complete documents. If the Grantor make subscription payment via Bill Payment before the activation of this service, such payment shall be deemed as a normal transaction in which a Subscription Order form must be sent to the Management Company either by fax or other means within the subscription time specified in the project and prospectus of relevant fund(s), for it to be deemed as a completed subscription transaction. The Management Company reserves the right to refund the amount to the Grantor without interest if no Subscription Order form has been sent to the Management Company.
12. The Grantor agrees not to, in any case whatsoever, revoke any subscription transaction executed by the Management Company hereunder.
13. The Grantor understands and acknowledges the risks associated with the FastTrack service whereby damages may incur either directly or indirectly from an error or delay in the relevant bank’s data keying process, error or delay during the transmission of payment data to the Management Company, error or delay in transferring the subscription amount to the fund’s subscription account, or data loss due to deficiency or malfunction of any equipment, database or network. The Grantor agrees not to exercise any indemnity claims or any claims whatsoever against the Management Company for any loss resulted from the use of the FastTrack service, commercial disputes or any other matter beyond the control of the Management Company, its agents or any parties to the agreements made with the Management Company.
14. Other than the terms and conditions hereunder, the Grantor agrees to be bound and to comply with rules, conditions and procedures set forth in the project and the fund prospectus with regard to the execution of transactions altogether with the FastTrack service manual specified by the Management Company.
15. The Management Company reserves the right to, at any time, suspend the FastTrack service and vary the terms and conditions hereunder as it deems appropriate, provided that the Management Company shall notify the Grantor of such service suspension or variations not less than 30 days in advance by posting at its office and on its website.
16. In case the Grantor revokes the PoA given to the Management Company or the Management Company terminates the appointment under such PoA for any reason whatsoever, it shall be deemed that the FastTrack service is terminated. If the Grantor wishes to reactivate the FastTrack service, the new PoA must be submitted to the Management Company for the process of acknowledgement correspondent.
17. The Grantor and the Management Company hereby agree that the terms and conditions hereunder shall be governed by law of the Kingdom of Thailand and the Thai court of justice shall have jurisdiction over any dispute arising therefrom.