ABERDEEN STANDARD INVESTMENTS LAUNCHES GLOBAL MID CAP FUND27 April 2020
Aberdeen Standard Investments (ASI) has launched a new Fund, which seeks to harness the significant investment opportunities present within global mid-cap companies.
The Aberdeen Standard SICAV I - Global Mid-Cap Equity Fund will be managed by Anjli Shah and Harry Nimmo from the Smaller Companies equity team. Investing in dedicated mid-cap companies is well established in the US and the UK, but to date there are only a handful of global funds that focus exclusively on this part of the market. The new Fund will follow the same process as has been successfully applied by the team for over 20 years.
Mid-caps make up 15%* of all listed companies in each country and at an Index level, have significantly outperformed large cap peers over the long term. Mid-caps tend to be lower risk than small-caps, so may be attractive to investors who have concerns over small-cap risk and liquidity.
Harry Nimmo, Fund Manager, said: “This new fund is the natural extension of the smaller companies franchise. Relative to large caps, mid-caps are under researched, creating opportunities for active managers like ourselves. We believe this new fund is genuinely unique and offers something different for investors.”
Anjli Shah, Fund Manager, added: “Investing in mid-caps gives investors access to a diverse group of companies, many of which are industry leaders in niche market segments. Mid-caps offer many of the same attributes of fast-growing small-caps, but with less volatile returns. That’s why we think investors should consider an allocation to the asset class as part of their wider investment portfolio.”
*MSCI World Index, 2000-2020 31 March
+44 (0) 7711 774017
Notes to editors
- The Fund has initially been registered for sale in Luxembourg, Switzerland, Ireland and the United Kingdom
- The Fund’s Asset Management Charge (AMC) amounts to 0.75% per annum for institutional investors and 1.5% per annum for retail investors.
- The size of mid-cap stock varies by region. The weighted average market cap of the ASI model portfolio is around $9 billion
- The ASI Smaller Companies team is one of the largest and most experienced in the market. All members of the team will generate new mid-cap ideas from their respective regions.
- Responsible for the management of UK Small, UK Mid, Euro Small & Global Small - $7.9bn AUM as at 31 December 2019
- Aberdeen Standard Investments is a global asset manager dedicated to creating long-term value for our clients. With over 1,000 investment professionals, we manage £486.5 billion* of assets worldwide. We have clients in c.80 countries supported by over 40 offices globally. This ensures we are close to our clients and the markets in which we invest. (*as of 31 December 2019)
- We are high-conviction, long-term investors who believe teamwork and collaboration are the key to delivering repeatable, superior investment performance.
- Standard Life Aberdeen plc is headquartered in Scotland. It has around 1.2 million shareholders and is listed on the London Stock Exchange.
- You can access the Aberdeen Standard Investments media centre here:
"Source: MSCI. The MSCI information may only be used for your internal use, may not be reproduced or redisseminated in any form and may not be used as a basis for or a component of any financial instruments or products or indices. None of the MSCI information is intended to constitute investment advice or a recommendation to make (or refrain from making) any kind of investment decision and may not be relied on as such. Historical data and analysis, should not be taken as an indication or guarantee of any future performance analysis forecast or prediction. The MSCI information is provided on an ‘as is’ basis and the user of this information assumes the entire risk of any use made of this information. MSCI, each of its affiliates and each other person involved in or related to compiling, computing or creating any MSCI information (collectively, the ‘MSCI’ Parties) expressly disclaims all warranties (including without limitation, any warranties of originality, accuracy, completeness, timeliness, non-infringement, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose) with respect to this information. Without limiting any of the foregoing, in no event shall any MSCI Party have any liability for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, punitive, consequential (including, without limitation, lost profits) or any other damages (www.msci.com).’ "
For Professional Investors only
The value of investments, and the income from them, can go down as well as up and you may get back less than the amount invested. Past performance is not a guide to future results. Tax treatment depends on the individual circumstances of each investor and may be subject to change in the future. We recommend that you seek financial advice prior to making an investment decision.
The details contained here are for information purposes only and should not be considered as an offer, investment recommendation, or solicitation to deal in any investments or funds and does not constitute investment research, investment recommendation or investment advice in any jurisdiction. Any research or analysis used to derive, or in relation to, the above information has been procured by us for our own use, without taking into account the investment objectives, financial situation or particular needs of any specific investor, and may have been acted on for own purpose. No warranty is given as to the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of the information contained in this communication and no liability for errors or omissions in such information. Readers must make assessments to the relevance, accuracy and adequacies of the information contained in this communication and make independent investigations, as they may consider necessary or appropriate for the purpose of such assessments. Any opinion or estimate contained in this communication, are made on a general basis. No information contained herein constitutes investment, tax, legal or any other advice, or an invitation to apply for securities in any jurisdiction where such an offer or invitation is unlawful, or in which the person making such an offer is not qualified to do so.
Issued in the United Kingdom (UK) by Aberdeen Asset Managers Limited, registered in Scotland (SC108419) at 10 Queen’s Terrace, Aberdeen, AB10 1XL, and Standard Life Investments Limited registered in Scotland (SC123321) at 1 George Street, Edinburgh EH2 2LL. Both companies are authorised and regulated in the UK by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Issued in Ireland by Aberdeen Asset Managers Limited, registered in Scotland (SC108419) at 10 Queen’s Terrace, Aberdeen, AB10 1XL, and Standard Life Investments Limited registered in Scotland (SC123321) at 1 George Street, Edinburgh EH2 2LL. Both companies are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in the UK.